S3 supported APIs and limitations
This page describes limitations concerning the S3 service and protocol implementation.
The following standard S3 APIs are supported:
- Bucket (HEAD/GET/PUT/DEL) Including ListObjects and ListObjectsV2
- Bucket Lifecycle (GET/PUT/DEL)
- Bucket Policy (GET/PUT/DEL)
- Bucket Tagging (GET/PUT/DEL)
- Object (GET/PUT/DEL)
- Object Tagging (GET/PUT/DEL)
- Object Multiparts (POST Create/Complete, GET/DEL/PUT, GET Parts)
- Bucket names must be between 3 and 63 characters long.
- Bucket names can consist only of lowercase letters, numbers, dots (.), and hyphens (-).
- Bucket names must begin and end with a letter or number.
- Bucket names must not be formatted as an IP address (for example, 192.168.5.4).
- Must be unique within the filesystem
- Object key names must be up to 1024 characters long.
- The prefix
/of an object is interpreted as a directory, and such directory segments are limited to 255 characters.
The S3 protocol implementation supports the following policy actions:
s3:*Note: this wildcard is supported for IAM policies but not for bucket policies